Mar 12, 2023
Dissident Island Episode 266 brings home the broccoli with words from:
- Jordi & Marian discussing the recently concluded Brixton Gentrification
- Legal Andy with a not so fun rundown of what's cooking with the upcoming Public Order Bill
- Jon from the Right to Roam campaign telling us about the...
Dec 23, 2022
Attempting to mark 15 years of radical radio, the Dissident Island posse put together our 265th episode which also brings 2022 to a close. In store for you here:
- Ruth from Green & Black Cross / ACAB discussing the reality of the Police, Crime, Sentencing and Courts Act (of #killthebill fame) taking us...
Nov 13, 2022
- A sizeable contribution from our sister show Radio Ava featuring stories of floating brothels, film reviews, discussion of stories of sexual exploitation in Greece and snippets from Hookers in the House of the Lord
- ACAB Andy with a callout from NETPOL for view on a possible Colston Statue appeal plus news about...
Oct 16, 2022
To celebrate the 2022 London Anarchist Bookfair Dissident Island and Radio Ava joined forces to collect various voices from the bookfair and beyond. Noises on offer include:
00:00:00 - 00:06:12 Introduction & Radical Whores
00:09:13 - 00:28:16 Don't Pay UK
00:31:23 - 00:58:50 The Rise of Ecofascism
Aug 28, 2022
- We caught up with Cooperation Town 2.5 years after the project started to talk about their expansion since then, the challenges and lessons learnt, and the importance of connecting with neighbours to local organising that creates meaningful solutions to the cost of living crisis that don't rely on problematic...